Hi everybody. Until further notice, check out castlekong.com for updates to the game. That being said - I will be working on updates for Dungeon Crawlers and getting it on Blackberry 10, the Windows Store, Dresura, etc. after Castle Kong gets on Kongregate. So there may be updates here about that later.
Came across an interesting bug yesterday. I knew when I purchased the 2.5D Controller from the Unity Asset store that i was going to do have to do a lot of extending to the code to do 'rigid' physics. For some unknown reason rigid physics has gone out of style and no one wants to code it anymore ;).. anyways, when you jump in one direction, then walk the other way, I introduced a bug where the game doesn't allow you to walk off the edge of a platform, because in theory it thinks you are jumping the otherway. Look its complicated, leave me alone about it.
In other cool news, I think i hammered out the game's theme music for the first level, and I've designed a new level on paper. Think PaperBoy, or Congo Bongo.
I'm really excited about where I'm at. The cabinet is almost finished, and level 1 is nearing completion. It looks like if everything maintains this pace, no later than the middle of November I will launch the demo at Joystick GameBar and on Kongregate.
Left to do:
- Clean up some of the knight's Animations, AI, and Collision stuff
- Add PauperBoy's pitchfork code
- Add survey for arcade version, logging info
Here's a screen for the curious:
Man, It's hard to believe it's been 3 months since the last post. Feels like it's been longer ;-).
As most of you know (you know - the 20 people reading this). I'm working on an arcade game. A real life, stand-up arcade game. More will be revealed in October when it launches, but for now I thought I'd post good news and bad news:
- Got a cabinet partner to help me make cabinets
- Got a really great illustrator who's worked with Marvel and DC to do the cabinet art
- Joystick Gamebar is on board to launch the game there
- Lost my main pixel artist, who was killing it
- Still need a PR company to help me hype the launch
- need better music and sfx
- I'm a little concerned about the tightness of the level design for level 1moving forward
- I'm tired of coding :-p
Here's some photos, enjoy
Well, It took some time, but i'm off my butt and working on the next project. If you're interested in helping out, I am running a level design contest, which can be read about here