Got the developer preview of Unity 3.5 a couple days ago and we've been messing around with it. here are some of the highlights from our experiments
- Multi-core multi-threaded support means the iPad 2 and 4S builds now runs at an amazing 60fps, and the mac/pc builds are also running much much faster on multicore cpu's.
- we can finally edit multiple objects at once (turn them on/off, set them to static, etc)
- the new Static options are a huge timesaver. I can finally lightmap in peace without having to set a million different things differently. Too bad there's not a way to have lights on/off in a similar fashion (only on when lightmapping would be great)
- Android support! What a huge improvement. The new builds work almost as well as iOS. We tested on an Xperia Play, Xoom, Atrix, HTC Jetstream. All work great.
- Increased performance on older systems like the 3GS and iPhone 4.
All in all, exciting! However we're now fragmented a bit, because once you switch to 3.5, you can't revert to 3.4 So we have to get together and all upgrade our projects.
Time to Ship: 18 days