Good news - the 1.0.1 update dropped last night on iTunes. This means that people with iPad 1, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch 3/4 can now enjoy the game. Technically i dont really know about iPod Touch 3, but it matches the necessary specs. We also resolved a problem on the level 4-2 that froze, but did not crash the game.
There are currently two issues in 1.0.1 that can freeze/crash you. They are:
- In 4-2, there is a chest in a corner. If you try to open it, the game will crash. Workaround: If you walk up next to it, but don't open it, you will be able to continue the adventure fine, and open it when the battle is done.
- In 4-1, if you stun a banshee, the game will 'soft' freeze. Everything will appear to be fine, but nobody will do anything. Workaround: Don't stun banshees in 4-1 until 1.0.2 comes out
What's new in 1.0.2
- New pathing system is less choppy on older devices, and extremely smooth on newer devices
- Increased the size of the Ability / Player select arrows 2x on iPhones and iPods, to allow for easier cycling
- Increased the quality of some GUI elements on lower end devices
- Entire game can be sped up 2x by touching the screen during gameplay
- Stunning banshees on 4-1 freeze resolved
- Opening chest on 4-2 crash resolved
- Healthbars no longer overlap damage text
- Removed walk dust to increase performance on iPhone 4
- Ability Wheel now works when dragging to select an ability